1.29.2010

top-bar hive beekeeping

I may have stumbled upon a less expensive and more natural method of hiving my bees that will result in the need for less equipment and better honey and honeycomb. Top-bar hives allow the bees to design their own comb to suit their needs, with varied cell sizes, which creates a more natural and efficient habitat with increased immunity to disease and mites. All I did was google "permaculture" and found this.

I love permaculture design.

I plan to research top-bar hive beekeeping further.

If anyone out there knows anything about this, please, offer your wisdom and knowledge. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Jessica,

    top bar hives are definitely the way to go. They are not only easy to use, but also easy to build. Best of all, they don't cost as much as regular hives and its accessories. I have some more pictures on my petitepets.com website, but you can also email me if you have any questions about top bar hives.

    ReplyDelete