8.14.2010

It's been an emotional and inspiring two weeks. I am back in Portland feeling a bit listless and homesick, wishing I could transplant my entire family here (I do not miss the humidity of the east coast!).  My visit with them seemed too short, and I woke up this morning anxious to see them again. I'd like to spend more time with my aunt and mom, learning how to sew. I'd like to spend more time with my other aunt, exploring her garden. Instead, I will do the next best thing: I had the idea of showcasing some of their talents and passions here on my blog in upcoming posts. There's my great grandmother, the witch. There's my uncle, the orchid grower. There's my grandfather, the photographer. And that's just a start. People are amazing in their energy and will to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment