6.07.2010


This was Saturday. Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah (loud angelic chorus of thanksgiving!). Please note, it was followed on Sunday with torrential rain showers and the thought that I might need a canoe or kayak in order to get home from work.
Here's a shot of the garden with comfry gone wild on the left, but I don't have the heart to chop it yet because the bumble bees love it. In the front are various greens, including spinach and kale. Beyond that, I've attempted to plant beans, but either they're rotting from all the rain or something is eating the shoots. Beyond that are peppers, tomatoes, marigolds, lettuce, and peas (on the right). Beyond that, salmon berries, garlic, strawberries.

I used up all of my compost on Saturday and started a new batch. I also planted the area in along the fence to the left of the chicken coop with more peas, beans, spinach, zucchini, carrots, and sunflowers. A few days before that, during a break from the rain (but not the clouds), I worked on my herb spiral. It now has peppermint, oregano, thyme, echinacea, calendula, chinese hyssop, sage, and german chamomile. It doesn't look like much yet, but it will! And the tasty, delicious spices for dinners and teas it will provide me...Mmmm!
(My camera lens is scratched or something. I need to start saving for a new one.)
The ladies are almost full grown. Here's my americauna. She loves to perch on anything and is always the first to jump up on containers and fences.
The one on the left is a speckled sussex, and she's developing these awesome teal feathers. The one on the right is a plymouth barred rock. Her feathers are striped black and white. My girl Cass is going to help me make earrings from their feathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment