12.12.2011

6 by 2012!


Setting goals on Monday, I've been finding, is a great way to focus myself for the week and hold myself accountable to what I want/need to accomplish. Knowing that I am publishing this, and writing a weekly reflection has also helped me be mindful of exactly what I can/did get done. I feel excited about being able to report that I completed one of my goals, and I purposely schedule in ways to check other goals off the list. I think that I am going to continue this Monday habit in the new year. I want my goals to reflect a variety of areas that are important in my life: academics, career, creativity, health/exercise/diet, home, and socializing (doing things for others).

This week: publish some photos, take some photos, go to yoga at least once, buy a new phone, host birthday party, look for a wedding caterer, settle on photographer.
For winter break: finish painting interior, stencil interior, settle on caterer.

1. Blog: update and rethink blog with steps taken/initiated toward new design for the new year. Done!
2. Academics: Complete my grad. level PSU class with an A and a possible publication. Done! Not sure of my grade, but the class is over.
3. Painting: Finish painting the bedroom sky blue, the guest bedroom hazel green, the hallway a turquoise/teal and the downstairs a creamy latte/chocolate brown.
In progress: finished the second coat of hazel green in the guest bedroom and finished the blue in the bedroom.
4. Donate old clothes and books. Done!
5. Host a friend's Thanksgiving: Invite people over for a Thanksgiving potluck the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend. Done!
6. Host some thank-you dinners for friends who have been super helpful in the past month of stress and madness. This one has morphed a bit, but I have tried to return the karma. I am hosting a birthday party for one friend, another stayed at my house this weekend because she needed a place, and we hosted our Thanksfriending. So this one is in progress.
7. Unpack. Done!
8. Buy a washer and dryer. Done! 
9. Buy a new phone and get set up on family plan and teacher discount.
10. Take real steps for wedding planning. 
We have three houses rented and the wedding spot rented, and I've started to look at dresses. Plus, I think we found our photographer! Still need to find the caterer.
11. Start taking photographs and publishing them again. In progress.
12. Go to yoga at least 7 times. In progress: I am going for the 6th time tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment