1.14.2010

sew, cook, plant


Here's my first pillow. I sewed it the other night using material that I am also using to make my applique curtains. As a novice seamstress, I am thrilled that I figured out how to do the blind stitch with minor vexation.


And, happy birthday to me! Yesterday, I opened the door to find a package from Amazon from my parents (thank you!). Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking and The River Cottage Cookbook (thanks, Erin, for the recommendation). I was bewitched by Julia's updated introduction, especially when she discusses her Paul ("my Paul") washing dishes in a tiny powder room for Simone Beck and her while on book tour.


I need, I need, I need to order seeds! My seed catalogs started trickling in. This weekend, while curled up in a yurt by the sea, I'm going to dream of gardens and heirloom tomatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment